LEWITT LCT 640 TS - Condenser Microphone
A TRUE NEXT-GEN STUDIO MICROPHONE - Freely change the polar pattern in postproduction
Designed and engineered in Austria, the LCT 640 TS will revolutionize the way we think about the recording process. Since the signal of the front and back diaphragm is provided by independent circuitries, any kind of polar pattern can be realized dynamically - even after the recording.
Revolutionary Dual Output Mode
The LCT 640 TS provides the signal of the front and the back diaphragm of the capsule separately. In addition to your standard XLR cable plug in the included adapter cable and experience all the possibilities of this true next-gen microphone. Use both outputs to capture the whole session instead of committing to a single source.
Standard Multi-Pattern Mode
Plug in one 3-pin XLR and you have a large diaphragm multi-pattern condenser mic featuring the following polar patterns: omni, wide cardioid, cardioid, supercardioid and figure-8
Magnetic Pop Filter - Hides nothing, captures everything - except plosives and hisses.
This efficient magnetic pop filter will effectively reduce pops and hisses without covering 2/3rds of your vocal artist's face. The most subtle and convenient way of getting the most out of every single recording.
Stereo Recordings with one LCT 640 TS? Definitely!
Usually, stereophony can only be done with two microphones. But now, it is way easier to use one LCT 640 TS. Just point the side of the microphone to the signal source and record both outputs on a stereo track in your DAW. Change the panorama for both signals to adjust the stereo width.
Perfect Match technology
Every single LCT 640 TS undergoes a series of measurements followed by adjustment of the polarization voltage to achieve exactly the same sensitivity at 1 kHz in every microphone.
Clipping History - Innovative features make life easier
It is easily possible to miss if clipping occurred during the recording. Clipping History lets you know if the microphone clipped since it was last turned on.
- Type: Condenser, externally polarized
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Diaphragm: 3 micron gold sputtered Mylar
- Transducer Ø: 25.4 mm, 1 in
- Polar pattern (Dual Output Mode): Create any polar pattern in post-production
- Polar pattern (Multi-Pattern Mode): omni, wide cardioid, cardioid, supercardioid, figure-8
- Sensitivity: 31.4 mV/Pa, -30.1 dBV/Pa (cardioid), 30.3 mV/Pa, -30.3 dBV/Pa (omni), 34.1 mV/Pa, -29.4 dBV/Pa (figure-8)
- Equivalent noise level: 10.5 dB (A), cardioid
- Max. SPL for 0.5 % THD: 133.8 dBSPL, 0 dB pre-attenuation
- Signal / noise ratio: 83.5 dB (A)
- Dynamic range: 123.3 dB
- Pre-attenuation pad: 0 dB, -6 dB, -12 dB, -18 dB
- Low-cut filter: linear, 40 Hz (12 dB/oct), 80 Hz (12 dB/oct), 160 Hz (6 dB/oct)
- Internal impedance: 110 Ω
- Rated load impedance: 1,000 Ω
- Supply voltage: 48 V +/- 4 V
- Current consumption: 5.1 mA
- Mic enclosure: Zinc die cast
- Connector: Gold plated 3-pin XLR + Mini 3-pin XLR
- Microphone dimensions: 158 x 52 x 36 mm, 6.22 x 2.04 x 1.42 in
- Microphone net weight: 425 g, 14.9 oz