YAMAHA MODX8 - 88-Key Synthesizer Keyboard (MODX-8 / MODX 8 / MOD-X8)
For the synthesist needing unique sound design capabilities, MODX is a synthesizer with an 8-operator, full controllable FM-X engine. MODX features deep programmability, controllability and a huge amount of polyphony.
- SOUND - Sound is the most important aspect of any instrument. The power of the
- MODX synthesis engine allows unlimited potential to create your own unique sound demanded by any artist.
- 192-NOTE TOTAL POLYPHONY - MODX features 128-note stereo AWM2 polyphony and 64-notes of FM-X polyphony. Due to the unique architecture of
- MODX and MONTAGE, this polyphony is always available without latency or compromising other features.
- SSS (Seamless Sound Switching) - Seamless Sound Switching (SSS) lets you change performances seamlessly without any cut-off in envelope or effects. This is perfect for live performances where you end one song and start another without stopping.
- INTEGRATEDFLASH - MODX includes 1 GB of non-volatile user flash memory with high speed reading/writing for your own custom samples or synth libraries from yamahamusicsoft.com.
- EFFECTS - From high definition reverbs to incredibly detailed Virtual Circuit Modeling (VCM) effects, MODX is loaded with DSP innovation, power and, most importantly, sound quality. Use effects like Beat Repeat, Vinyl Break or Bit Crusher to get EDM sound. The Spiralizer effect creates the auditory illusion of a tone continually rising or falling in pitch without getting higher or lower.
- A/D INPUT - Coupled with two A/D inputs, MODX is a perfect centerpiece for any professional recording studio or live computer rig.
- SIDECHAIN - Automatically control the dynamic behavior of one part from another. Sidechain is very popular in modern dance music where a pad or other sustain part is “keyed” to the kick drum. When the kick drum plays, it ducks down the sustained part creating a “pumping” rhythmic effect.
- MULTI-CHANNEL USB AUDIO INTERFACE - As expected for modern computer-based music production, MODX features a professional 4-in/10-out, multi-channel USB audio interface. A single-cable connection replaces the need for an external audio interface. iOS compatible.
- CONTROL - Every artist wants to sound unique. Take control and stand out from the crowd. Bring the sophistication of music production automation to realtime live performance with Motion Control.
- SUPER KNOB - The Super Knob allows simultaneous control of up to 128 parameters in a single Performance. This means you can control nearly anything from mix functions like volume, pan and effect sends to detailed synth parameters like filters, LFOs and Operators.
- MOTION SEQUENCES - Motion Sequences are tempo-synchronized, completely customizable control sequences that can be assigned to virtually any synthesizer parameter and provide incredible new ways of creating sound.
- ENVELOPE FOLLOWER - The Envelope Follower converts audio into a control source for control of virtually any synthesizer parameter. For example, a drum loop could drive effects parameters for a cool rhythm or a vocal recording could control multiple parameters for a “talking” synthesizer. The audio can even be a “live” source through the A/D input.
- AUDIO BEAT SYNC - ABS (Audio Beat Sync) detects the beat of and external device like an electronic drum kit, drum machine or audio player plugged into the A/D input and synchronizes the MODX Arpeggiator, Motion Sequencer or Songs to the tempo of the external input. The MODX synthesizer “listens” to live music and plays in time.
- CUBASE AI BUNDLE - MODX is bundled with Cubase AI, Steinberg's professional music production application that offers integrated recording and editing.
- MOBILITY - Designed for musicians on the go, MODX is compact, lightweight and mobile.
- LIGHTWEIGHT - Designed for musicians on the go, MODX is compact, lightweight and mobile.