YONEX VCORE Tour 97 (310g) - Tennis Racquet
The lighter version to it's 330 gram sibling, this 310 gram model provides maneuverability and faster racquet head speed resulting in heavy top spin and a quicker feel. This version provides the same precise feel as the 330 which propelled Stanislas Wawrinka to the 2014 Australian Open Championship with wins over Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal.
Yonex's ISOMETRIC head shape increases the number of main and cross strings that meet in the centre of the racquet to produce a sweet spot which gives a 7% more effective hitting area. The deeper grooves in the 3D Vector Shaft improve racquet stiffness and reduce twisting of the frame for 20% more face stability than a conventional racquet. The result is precise control at impact and greater bite for the most efficient transfer of power. Using a revolutionary cross-linking pattern, X-Fullerene bonds the carbon fibres at the top of the frame, preventing the face twisting from hard impacts. This also allows for a thinner frame, reducing air resistance but retaining quick maneuverability. With VCore racquets, the grommets are structured to prevent string movement and to maintain string bed tension.
- Headsize: 97 square inches / 625 sq. cm
- Length: 27 inches / 68.6 cm
- Weight (unstrung): 11 oz / 310 grams
- Weight (strung): 11.5 oz / 325 grams
- Balance (strung): 7 points head light / 33.2 cm
- Swingweight (strung): 313
- Beam width: 20.5 mm
- Flex: 67
- Composition: HM Graphite / X-Fullerene
- Grip Type: Yonex Synthetic
- String Pattern: 16 Mains x 20 Crosses
- Recommended String Tension: 50-65 lbs.
- Racquet is Unstrung.
* Note: Pros often customize the racket they use. Racket specifications on endorsed consumer models may vary from the models used by Pros for match-play.